Sunday, November 22, 2009

Whoa! Your Sex IS On Fire! (The Pack A.D. The Habitat, Kelowna BC - Nov. 12th, 2009)



Ok, yeah, I know what you're thinking, this is the worst music blog, the only reason I'm reading this is because I'm friends with you, Trystan. That might be true. But why not tell all your hot friends that you know two hot guys who write about music? Hot guys or girls, tell them all. We could even make a header where Rob and I are quite busily oiling each others chests. I mean, I've purchased magazines, gone to see movies, and bought certain food items because there were hot people somehow linked to them. So spread the new baby mamas and mama mamas, the hotness is at Beards of Defiance!

Now on to my live music review. I love the Pack A.D. For those of you not familiar with their sound, old blues authenticity + The Black Keys + girls = The Pack A.D. So I was psyched when I found out they were playing The Habitat.

Now I don't know all of their songs yet, the only two I could really pick out were "Blackout" and "Don't Have To" from their second album "Funeral Mixtape". Did it matter? Not in the slightest. Becky Black (Guitar and Vocals) and Maya Miller's (Drums and Stage banter) performance was absolutely incendiary. They completely exceeded what you would expect from their albums, and rocked harder than the barely 100+ crowd probably deserved.

Becky Black might the be the best front-woman in Canadian music. Her wail and raspy voice could tear doors down. And I'm not gonna lie, she's a babe. That voice, that look, the thrashing of that guitar to make sexy-as-fuck blues noises? Of course I didn't tell my girlfriend that. And it's not like she'll read this! Hold on... shit.

Although there wasn't an encore, like a sweaty night of getting to second base, I was left completely satisfied without the usually requisite additional one-to-three songs. If Black's successive guitar strums had been flint on gasoline and Miller's Tom strikes continuous gusts of wind, we might have all been burnt to a crisp. But not like, in a bad way, in an awesome way.

No comments:

Post a Comment