Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rob's Best: #14: With Honor - Heart Means Everything

Released: June 8, 2004

This is the first hardcore band I ever loved.  I saw them play when they were touring for this album with another young band who were touring on their first record as well called Comeback Kid.  It was one of the first hardcore shows with legit touring hardcore bands I had ever seen and it legit kicked my high school ass.  On the surface, Heart Means Everything is just bad ass with some of the best gang vocals ever recorded and heavy/awesome breakdowns.  And once I started reading the lyrics, they were all about positivity and strength and I could really identify aesthetically with it.  With Honor were to hardcore, for me, what Blink 182 were to punk music; they opened doors I didn't know existed and made me believe in dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment