Saturday, December 5, 2009

Trystan's Best #27: Converge - Axe To Fall

Released: October 6th, 2009

How do you pick the best Converge album of the decade? With Jane Doe, You Fail Me, and No Heroes all receiving near-perfect acclaim in their own right, is it terribly trendy of me to select the most recent thrash-a-thon by the boys from Salem, Axe To Fall? I don't think so. And fuck you if you do. Axe To Fall is one of the best albums of the decade if for nothing more than the breakdown on opener "Dark Horse" which packs a punch like the backhand of God shattering the Temple Mount (barely coming shy of Norma Jean's "Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste" for heaviest shit I've ever let come out of my headphones and into my unsuspecting head). Never mind the solos that will leave people saying "Early Metallica who?"

No comments:

Post a Comment